MSU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship in Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior
**Applications are now closed for the 2020-2021 academic year search. We will reopen a new search in Summer 2021 - please watch this space for details.**
EEB’s Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship is a two-year position with a starting annual salary of $60,000 plus benefits, as well as a research stipend of $8,000 per year. Up to $1000 of moving expenses may be reimbursed from the research stipend in the first year. We encourage applications from candidates in any early-career stage, from finishing PhD students to current postdoctoral scholars.
The Fellow is a fully participating member of EEB at MSU and is expected to have a cutting-edge research program that bridges the interests of two or more EEB core faculty members. Candidates should contact potential faculty mentors (core EEB faculty members) before applying, as sponsoring faculty will need to submit letters of support.
The Fellow also contributes to the EEB community via a community engagement initiative. The proposed initiative is up to the discretion of the applicant, possible ideas include (but are not limited to): a workshop on diversity, equity, and inclusion, professional development, or a technical research skill; a science communication or public engagement product or event; a public science initiative, a journal discussion group; curriculum development; etc. The Fellow’s research stipend may also be used to support the community engagement initiative.
The following materials are required:
- Cover letter (1 page max)
- Past and future research statement: past research accomplishments and proposed research plans as an EEB postdoctoral fellow (2-3 pages)
- Community engagement proposal (1 page max)
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion statement (1 page max)
- Two publications, preprints, or manuscripts representative of the applicant’s work (work #1 and work #2 should be combined as one attachment)
- Sponsor Support Letter - A single letter of support co-written by at least two EEB mentors (2 pages max). The mentor letter should include a brief mentorship plan, information on where the postdoc will be housed and how they will be integrated into both sponsor’s labs, a statement of support for the proposed research, and a brief description of each sponsor’s contributions to the EEB community (service, teaching, etc.).
- Contact information for two references willing to write letters of recommendation on behalf of the candidate.
Michigan State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Questions can be directed to committee co-chairs: Marjorie Weber and Gideon Bradburd.